Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Psalm 105:1-9, Luke 24:30-31

Psalm 105:1-9
1 Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known his works among the nations. 2 Sing to him, sing his praise, proclaim all his wondrous deeds. 3 Glory in his holy name; let those who seek the Lord rejoice.  4 Look to the Lord and be strong; seek his face always. 5 Remember his wonderful works, his miracles and his judgments, 6 you descendants of his servant Abraham, you sons of Jacob, his chosen ones! 7 He is the Lord our God; his judgments reach the whole world. 8 He remembers his covenant forever, his promise to a thousand generations, 9 the covenant he made with Abraham, the promise he swore to Isaac.

My Beloved, Your purpose for my life is that I must give thanks to You for every circumstance in my life.  I must call on Your Holy Name without ceasing.  I must speak of all that You have done always.  I must sing praise and proclaim the wonders of the work You have done.  Your Name must be my peace, joy and blessing.  I must seek my strength from You and You alone.  You who dwell in me, in the tabernacle, in the Eucharist, in nature and in my neighbor. I must constantly recall Your goodness which will give me hope, strength an dcourage.  The Lord, my Beloved will never forget that He is mine and I am His.

Luke 24:30-31
13 That same day, two of them were going to Emmaus, a village seven miles from Jerusalem, 14 and they talked about what had happened. 15 While they were talking and wondering, Jesus came up and walked with them.

30 When they were at table, he took the bread, said a blessing, broke it and gave each a piece. 31 Then their eyes were opened, and they recognized him; but he vanished out of their sight.


My Beloved walk with me as You walked with the two disciples on the road to Emmaus and do not abandon me my Lord. I need Your help.  I need Your strength, I need Your courage during these times that are ahead.  May I recognise You always in the Breaking of the Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment