Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Psalm 100: 1-3 & 5, Revelation 7:15-17, John 10:27-30

Beloved, for the last few day, sadness like a dead weight  has been weighing down my heart and I was feeling very low.  Even as I approached You this morning to pray, I was unhappy until I read the words of the Psalm of the day which says,

Psalm 100:1-3 & 5
1 All you lands, acclaim the Lord!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the Lord is God; he created us and we are his people, the sheep of his fold.
5 For the Lord is good; his love lasts forever and his faithfulness through all generations.


When I serve You Beloved, as I must, all the time, it must be with gladness - singing joyful songs of praise.  You are God and You created me to be a part of Your household.  I belong to Your sheepfold and You are my Good Shepherd who loves me and cares for me.  All my experiences of You in the past demonstrate without a shadow of a doubt that You are good and Your love for me is faithful and everlasting.  It is not dependant on whether I have sinned or not - You love me unconditionally and Your love and faithfulness will last through all generations.  Thank You for these assurances.

My Beloved I prayed to You and Your Blessed Mother to release the souls of my Sandy and Liberard and to take them to Yourself.  I thank You for  Your wonderful words of assurance and comfort in the following verses of today's 2nd reading and in the Gospel passage.

Revelations 7:15-17
15 This is why they stand before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his sanctuary.  He who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.  16 Never again will they suffer hunger or thirst or be burned by the sun or any scorching wind.  17 For the Lamb near the throne will be their Shepherd, and he will bring them to springs of life-giving water, and God will wipe away their tears.”

I abandon myself to You my own Good Shepherd.  I throw myself on Your mercy, compassion and love.  Cover me with Your Holy Presence and fill me with Your Holy Spirit.  Amen.

John 10:27-30
27 My sheep hear my voice and I know them; they follow me 28 and I give them eternal life. They shall never perish and no one will ever steal them from me. 29 What the Father has given me is above everything else and no one can snatch it from the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

My Beloved, my own true God, I thank You for repeating the message You gave me a short while ago when I was looking for re-assurance that my dearest Sandy and Liberard were with You.  Thank You Beloved for Your kindness in comforting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment