Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Malachi 3:20, 2 Timothy 4:2, Mark 12:41-44

Malachi 3:20
..."The Sun of Justice will shine upon you who respect My Name and bring health in its rays."

What a wonderful promise my Lord.  Let the light of Your love shine on me always and bring me health in mind, body, soul and spirit.

2 Timothy 4:2
I urge you to preach the Word, in season and out of season, reproving, rebuking or advising, always with patience and providing instruction.

Here I am reminded that I must be a witness - my life must so shine with Your light my God that all who look at me see You.  When I fail, help me not to be discouraged but ask for pardon and having received it, help me to labor on.

Mark 12:41-44

 41 Jesus sat down opposite the Tem­ple treasury and watched the peo­ple dropping money into the treasury box; and many rich people put in large offerings. 42 But a poor widow also came and dropped in two small coins. 43 Then Jesus called his disciples and said to them, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all those who gave offerings. 44 For all of them gave from their plenty, but she gave from her poverty and put in everything she had, her very living.”


Beloved, how often we give from our surplus and feel very smug and generous and we look down on others.  Here You show us an example of true giving.  In the eyes of the world, the amount that the widow gave was a paltry sum but in Your eyes, it was much more than all the others had given because she gave her all.  It was a total gift without thought of self.  She trusted You to provide for her .  Love prompted her action.  May it be so for me too.  Let love be the arbiter of all my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment