Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Proverbs 30:7, Psalm 5:4, Matthew 5:38-42

Proverbs 30:7
Every word of God is true, He is a shield in whom man can find refuge.

How comforting my Lord to know that I can count on Your word.  Because You have said it, I can believe it.  Thank You for the confidence I can place in You.

Beloved, I echo the words of the psalmist in


Psalm 5:4 

"From daybreak You hear my voice, from dawn I am in Your Presence watching for You."


Hear and answer me almighty God, there is much I must accept because it is Your will.  Teach me to surrender - only then can I be still, peaceful and calm in Your Holy Presence and experience the sweet delight of being at perfect rest in You.

Matthew 5:38:42

 38 You have heard that it was said: An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. 39 But I tell you this: do not oppose evil with evil; if someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn and offer the other. 40 If someone sues you in court for your shirt, give your coat as well. 41 If someone forces you to go one mile, go also the second mile. 42 Give when asked and do not turn your back on anyone who wants to borrow from you.

Beloved, anytime we read in Scripture, I tell you' or 'I tell you most solemnly,' we better pay attention and obey because it is the Eternal Word who speaks.  The Word who is, who was and ever shall be.  The Eternal Word that issued forth from the mouth of God and every created thing came into being through the power of the Holy Spirit.  When You speak Beloved, You speak with the authority of the Son of God and You give me the rule for my life - obeying, I shall be happy.  The law of heaven is so unlike the dictates of the world.

May I always remember to be a channel of your peace, goodness and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment