Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

2 Samuel 7:28-29, Mark 4:21-25




2 Samuel 7:28-29
28 So now, O Yahweh God, since you are the faithful God, and have promised me this good thing, 29 please bless my descendants, that they may continue forever before you. For you, O Yahweh God, have spoken and, with your blessing, my family shall be blessed forever.”

My Beloved, to those who have promised to serve You faithfully, You pledge to bless them and their descendants forever.  I claim this blessing my God for myself and for each member of my family.


Mark4:21-25
• 21 Jesus also said to them, “When the light comes, is it to be put under a tub or a bed? Surely it is put on a lampstand. 22 Whatever is hidden will be disclosed, and whatever is kept secret will be brought to light. 23 Listen then, if you have ears!”  24 And he also said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear. In the measure you give, so shall you receive and still more will be given to you. 25 For to the one who produces something, more will be given, and from him who does not produce anything, even what he has will be taken away from him.”

My Beloved, You are the Light of the world and in receiving You, our life is kindled with Your light.  You do not want us to shy away and stay hidden, rather this light must blaze so that not only our own sins, faults and weaknessess may be revealed but that we may repent and confess, and  see all things clearly in Your light. 

Once again You remind me that there will be an accounting of the way I have used the gifts You have given me.  Help me Lord to be fruitful and so always pleasing to You my holy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment