Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1 Samuel 17:32-33,50 45-46, Mark 3:1-6




Samuel 17:32-33, 45-46, 50
David said to Saul, “Let no one be discouraged on account of this Philistine, for your servant will engage him in battle.” 33 Saul told David, “You cannot fight with this Philistine for you are still young, whereas this man has been a warrior from his youth.”  45 David answered the Philistine, “You have come against me with sword, spear and javelin, but I come against you with Yahweh, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have defied. 46 Yahweh will deliver you this day into my hands and I will strike you down and cut off your head. I will give the corpses of the Philistine army today to the birds of the sky and the wild beasts of the earth, and all the earth shall know that there is a God of Israel.  50 David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, felling him without using a sword.
 
My Beloved, like David let me be confident of Your love and concern for me.  Let not the size of the the problem discourage me.  You are God and You can rescue Your people from any difficulty and trouble.  All I need to do is put on Your armor not the armor of the world.  All our battles and struggles in life can be fought victoriously for You do battle alongside us.  Thank You.


Mark 3:1-6
1 Again Jesus entered the synagogue. A man who had a paralyzed hand was there 2 and some people watched Jesus: Would he heal the man on the sabbath? If he did they could accuse him.  3 Jesus said to the man with the paralyzed hand, “Stand here in the center.” 4 Then he asked them, “What does the Law allow us to do on the Sabbath? To do good or to do harm? To save life or to kill?” But they were silent.  5 Then Jesus looked around at them with anger and deep sadness because they had closed their minds. And he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out and his hand was healed. 6 But as soon as the Pharisees left, they met with Herod’s supporters, looking for a way to destroy Jesus.

My Beloved, Often I am like the man with the paralysed hand.  I am so bound up in fear or shyness and I want to stay in the background where it is safe.  I do not want to be challenged. You were not afraid of confrontation.  You were doing the work of God and nothing would stop You.   Help me to be like You Lord.  Armed with Your strength may I always stay on the side of truth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment