Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

1 Samuel 15:23, Psalm 50:23, Mark 2:18-22



1Samuel 15:23
Rebellion is like the sin of divination, and stubbornness like holding onto idols. Since you have rejected the word of Yahweh, he too has rejected you as king.”

My Beloved, it is a terrible thing to go against God's command.  It might appear we are doing what God wants us to do but often there is pride and ego involved.  Help me never to go against Your will but to always be humble, obedient, submissive.

Psalm 50:23
Those who give with thanks offerings honor me, but the one who walks blamelessly, I will show him the salvation of God.”


Teach me my Mama Mary to walk like you, blamelessly before my God.  I know I will fail constantly because I am weak.  I need you to be always by me praying, interceeding and helping me.

Mark 2:18-22
One day, when the disciples of John the Baptist and the Pharisees were fasting, some people asked Jesus, “Why is it that both the disciples of John and of the Pha¬risees fast, but yours do not?”  Jesus answered, “How can the wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.  But the day will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them and on that day they will fast.  No one sews a piece of new cloth on an old coat, because the new patch will shrink and tear away from the old cloth, making a worse tear.  And no one puts new wine into old wineskins, for the wine would burst the skins and then both the wine and the skins would be lost. But new wine, new skins!”

My Beloved, we have to be careful whose disciples we choose to be.  I have chosen to be my Mama Mary's disciple.  I want to imitate her in her walk with You.  Like her I want to receive the Word, ponder over it, love it, embrace it, obey it, live it and find my joy and peace in making the Word the rule of my life as she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment