Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Psalm 104: 27-30, Isaiah 40:11, Luke 3:21-22


Psalm 104:27-30
They all look to you for their food in due time.  You give it to them,  and they gather it up;  you open your hand, they are filled with good things.  When you hide your face they vanish, you take away their breath, they expire and return to dust. When you send forth your spirit, they are created, and the face of the earth is renewed.

My Beloved, I take these words from  Isaiah 40:11 as Your promise to me,  "Like a shepherd he tends his flock:  he gathers the lambs in his arms, he carries them in his bosom, gently leading those that are with young."  My Lord, I entrust each one of my children into Your loving care.  All I can do is pray and fast for them and plead with You to care for them and protect them.

My Beloved, all living things look to You to be fed.  You open Your hands filled with treasures of grace and mercy and You pour out Your blessings on us.  Life and death are Yours to give.  Through Your most Holy Spirit renew our family and fill us with Your most Holy Spirit in order that we may l ive to please You always. 

Luke 3:21-22
Now, with all the people who came to be baptized, Jesus too was baptized. Then, while he was praying, the heavens opened:   the  Holy Spirit came down upon him in the bodily form of a dove and a voice from heaven was heard, “You are my Son, this day I have begotten you.”

My Beloved at Your baptism, the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove came upon You and God proclaimed to all the world that You were His Son.  In baptism we too become adopted children of God and so we can trust You to watch over us and protect us as our Elder Brother.




No comments:

Post a Comment