Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1 Samuel 16:1, 7, 10, 12-13


1 Samuel 16:1, 7,10, 12-13
 1 Yahweh asked Samuel, “How long will you be grieving over Saul whom I have rejected as king of Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way to Jesse the Bethlehemite for I have chosen my king from among his sons.” 7 But Yahweh told Samuel, “Do not judge by his looks or his stature for I have rejected him. Yahweh does not judge as man judges; humans see with the eyes; Yahweh sees the heart.”10 Jesse presented seven of his sons to Samuel who said, “Yahweh has chosen none of them.12 So Jesse sent for his youngest son and brought him to Samuel. He was a handsome lad with ruddy complexion and beautiful eyes. And Yahweh spoke, “Go, anoint him for he is the one.” 13 Samuel then took the horn of oil and anointed him in his brothers’ presence. From that day onwards, Yahweh’s Spirit took hold of David. Then Samuel left for Ramah.

My Beloved, often I cling to the past and I get bogged down in it but You want me to move forward.  You have great plans for me.  Old mistakes and sins once forgiven become millstones if we do not let them go and allow Your ocean of mercy and love to obliterate them.  Another important thing is to remember that we must learn to look at people through Your eyes - the eyes of love.   When seeking Your will we must wait patiently in prayer and expectation for You to reveal it to us for Your choice is always perfect.

Psalm 89:27 says, "You are my Father, my God, my Rock, my Savior.

My Beloved, all creation and all creatures serve You and You are Lord.  Lord and Master of all that is seen and unseen in heaven, on earth and under the earth and You are my Love, my Life, my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment