Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Psalm 149:4. 1 John 5:14, John 3:27-30


Psalm 149:4
For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the lowly with victory.

1John 5:14
Through Him we are fully confident that whatever we ask according to his will, he will grant us.  If we know that he hears us whenever we ask, we know that we already have what we asked of him.

My Beloved, it is wonderful to know that You take delight in Your people.  We are a joy to You.  We can be confident that whatever we ask for, if it is according to You will and for our good You will grant it to us.

John 3:27-30
John answered, “No one can take on anything except what has been given him from heaven.  You yourselves are my witnesses that I said: ‘I am not the Christ but I have been sent before him.’  Only the bridegroom has the bride; but the friend of the bridegroom stands by and listens, and rejoices to hear the bridegroom’s voice. My joy is now full.  It is necessary that he increase but that I decrease.

My Beloved,  it is clear from today's Gospel passage that we all have our mission.  Each one has to fulfil the purpose for which we are born.  There is no need for envy nor sadness if we are taken away when we have done all we are supposed to do.  Great as his mission was, St. John the Baptist fulfilled his task and then had to die in prison. 

Our time on earth is but a time of preparation for the life to come.  Help me Beloved to get my wedding garment ready in the time that you have allotted to me.  Thank You.


No comments:

Post a Comment