Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1 John 3:22, and 1 John 4:4, Matthew 4:17


1 John 3:22 and 1 John 4:4
Then whatever we ask we shall receive, since we keep his commands and do what pleases him. You, my dear children, are of God and you have already overcome these people, because the one who is in you is more powerful than he who is in the world.

My Beloved, I have made a resolution for this new year which I pray with the help of the Holy Spirit I will be able to keep.  Your Word assures me that I will receive what I ask since I keep Your commands and do what pleases You.  Grant that this is so.  You in me my Beloved are more powerful than the evil in the world.

Matthew 4:17
From that time on Jesus began to proclaim his message, “Change your ways: the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Repentance and conversion are at the heart of realising the Kingdom of God which is within us.  Grant me awareness of the present moment my Lord, so that through the intercession of Mary my Mother, and through the grace received from the Holy Spirit in answer to her prayers for me to You, may I live each moment aware of Your Presence in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment