Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

1 SAMUEL 1:8, PSALM 116:12, MARK 1:19-20



1 SAMUEL 1:8
Why do you weep instead of eating?  Why  are you sad?  Are you not better off with me than with many sons?

My Beloved, often I am not content with what I have. I wonder if circumstances were different whether my life would be better.  The truth that I must acknowledge is that I am better of with You than with having many of the world's earthly possessions.  How foolish we are - we have You, the almighty God, who makes Himself available to us in the intimacy of the Eucharist and yet we hanker after useless, foolish things that could be detrimental to our soul.


Psalm 116:12
How can I repay the Lord for His goodness to me?

My Beloved, I can love You whole heartedly, seek to do Your will always, trust You completely, imitate You in every aspect of my life,  strive to be as generous and loving to all as You are with me - in this way I can repay Your goodness to me. Offering You love for love.


Mark 1:19-20
Jesus went a little farther on and saw James and John, the sons of Zebedee; they were in their boat mending their nets.  Immediately, Jesus called them and they followed Him, leaving their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men.

My Lord, the sons of Zebedee were able to leave immediately in response to Your call because they were free, they were sons.  The hired men could not because they had already committed themselves to work for another.  Am I free to follow You or have I hired myself out in the  service of the world?  Through baptism I am a daughter of the Most High and I am free to answer Your call for You are my Brother, and my Lord.  I want to respond to Your call as quickly and wholeheartedly as Simon, Andrew, James and John did without hesitation and without stopping and pondering the cost in imitation of Mama Mary.  Grant me this grace O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment