Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Psalm 57:3-11, Mark 3:13-15



My Beloved, who do we have either in heaven or on earth to fight our battles but You?  You do not let the enemy win but You O Lord come to our aid and deliver us from the snares of the devil.  From the evil that threatens to overwhelm us and lay us down.

Psalm 57:3-11
3 I call on God the Most High, on God who has done everything for me: 4 may he send from heaven a savior and put my oppressors to shame. May God send me his love and faithfulness.  Be exalted, O God, above the hevens! Your glory be over all the earth!  7 They have set a snare for my steps; my soul was bowed down in distress. They dug a pit along my path, but they themselves fell into it.  8 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and make music.  9 Awake, my soul, awake, O harp and lyre! I will wake the dawn.  10 I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praise to you among the nations.  11 For your love reaches to the heavens, and your faithfullness, to the clouds. 12 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your Glory be over all the earth! 

My Beloved, today's psalm is the cry we make to You along with the Psalmist.  We place all our hope and trust in You and when this evil has passed we will sing Your praise.


Mark 3:13-15
• 13 Then Jesus went up into the hill country and called those he wanted and they came to him. 14 So he appointed twelve to be with him; and he called them apostles. He wanted to send them out to preach, 15 and he gave them authority to drive out demons.

Jesus my Lord, You call whom You want, You appoint, You send, You empower and give authority.  May our response be like Mary's, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to Your word. Amen.

I will not dwell on my fears but on the awesome power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment