Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Psalm 107:9, Galatians 5:1-6, Luke 11:37-41, Psalm 119:41, 43, 47-48

Psalm 107:9
He quenches the thirst of souls and satisfies the hunger of the heart.

Beloved, of none by You can this be said.  You satisfy our deepest needs and longings.  Every sigh finds its contentment in You.  I thank You for this wonderful discovery and journey of love that my whole life has embarked upon, ever since I first drew breath.  Every day You show me new marvels of Your great love for me.  Even though I am a sinner and unworthy of Your love, You pay no attention but clap Your hands and call the servants to put a robe on me, a ring on my finger and You kill the fatted calf.  You rejoice when You see me coming home.  Thank You for welcoming me into the family of God.

Galatians 5:1-6
 1 Christ freed us to make us really free. So remain firm and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery. I, Paul, say this to you: if you receive circumcision, Christ can no longer help you. Once more I say to whoever receives circumcision: you are now bound to keep the whole Law.All you who pretend to become righteous through the observance of the Law have separated yourselves from Christ and have fallen away from grace.
As for us, through the Spirit and faith, we eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. In Christ Jesus it is irrelevant whether we be circumcised or not; what matters is faith working through love.

St. Paul is very clear, nothing outside of You Beloved, and what You have done for us can free us.  We remain slaves of sin, the world, the flesh and the devil.  All that matters, and matters to our eternal salvation or downfall, is whether or not we have faith in You.  Not a passive faith but a faith that is alive and active in love. 

Luke 11:37-41
37 As Jesus was speaking, a Pharisee asked him to have a meal with him. So he went and sat at table. 38 The Pharisee then wondered why Jesus did not first wash his hands before dinner. 39 But the Lord said to him, “So then, you Pharisees, you clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside yourselves you are full of greed and evil. 40 Fools! He who made the outside, also made the inside. 41 But according to you, by the mere giving of alms everything is made clean.

So many of us are like the Phrarisees.  If people do not conform to our prejudices we mark them with our criticism and in our secret thoughts if not by outward gestures, we reject them.  We are constantly judging people in the secrecy of our hearts on their clothes, manners, culture etc., nit picking everything that has absolutely no relevance to who they truly are, and reject them.  You waste no time in telling us what You think of hypocrites.  You do not suffer people who constantly set themselves up as better than the rest of humanity.  We are all children of the same Father and the same Savior has redeemed us all.  In You Beloved all are invited to the wedding banquet - the only requirement is that we wear the wedding garment that You have provided to us in Baptism.

Psalm 119:41, 43, 47-48
41 Give me your unfailing love, O Lord, your salvation as you have promised.
43 Take not the word of truth from my mouth, for I would also lose my hope in your word.
47 For I delight in your word, which I fear. 48 I will lift up my hands to you, and meditate on your commandments.

Every verse in this beautiful Psalm speaks of Your Beauty, Your power and the grace that flows from You Eternal and life-giving Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment