Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Psalm 119:2, Jeremiah 31:33-34, Matthew 16:15-19


Good desires lead to good actions.  Help me to remember this always.

Psalm 119:2
Blessed are they who treasure His word and seek Him with all their heart.

Mary my Mother and my model pray for me.

Jeremiah 31:33-34

33 This is the covenant I shall make with Israel after that time: I will put my Law within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God and they will be my people.
34 And they will not have to teach each other, neighbor or brother, saying: ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the greatest to the lowliest, for I will forgive their wrongdoing and no longer remember their sin.”

Matthew 16:15-19
15 Jesus asked them, “But you, who do you say I am?” 16 Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus replied, “It is well for you, Simon Bar­jona, for it is not flesh or blood that has revealed this to you but my Father in heaven.
18 And now I say to you: You are Peter (or Rock) and on this rock I will build my Church; and never will the powers of death overcome it.
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and what you unbind on earth shall be unbound in heaven.”

Thank You Beloved for the New Covenant made with us - a Covenant of love.  Thank You for the Holy Catholic Church and thank You that I am a member of this Church.  May I be fruitful because I belong to You and Your life flows in and through me.  Thank You for the blessed assurance that the hand of the enemy against Your Church will not prevail no matter how  hard he tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment