Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Job 10:8-9, 11-12, Wisdom 18:8, Hebrews 11:1 & 19, Luke 12:32, 35 -40


Job 10:8-9, 11-12
You have formed me and made me.  Remember that You moulded me from clay will You turn me to dust again? You wrapped me up in skin and flesh, knit me together with bones and sinews.  In Your goodness You gave me life and watched over my breathing with care.

Beloved I was created by You in order that I may glorify You on earth and in heaven.  Thank You for the gift of being born Catholic - by this grace I am like the man who was given the 5 talents - I am called to return ten back to You.  Having been born into the fullness of the faith my life must witness to it.  Help me Lord.

Wisdom 18:8
The holy race secretly offered the Passover sacrifice and really agreed on this worthy pact: that they would share alike both blessings and dangers. And forthwith they began to sing the hymns of their fathers.

No matter the extent of the evil and persecution, Your Church will offer You the Eucharistic sacrifice whether publicly or in secret.


Hebrews 11:1 & 19
Faith is the assurance of what we hope for, being certain of what we cannot see.
Abraham reasoned that God is capable even of raising the dead and he received back his son which has a figurative meaning.

Faith keeps alive our hope of being one with You in spirit now and in turn in the hereafter.  God raises the dead to new life in His glorious Kingdom.


Luke 12:32, 35-40
 32 Do not be afraid, little flock, for it has pleased your Father to give you the kingdom.
 35 Be ready, dressed for service, and keep your lamps lit, 36 like people waiting for their master to return from the wed­ding. As soon as he comes and knocks, they will open to him. 37 Happy are those servants whom the master finds wide-awake when he comes. 38 Truly, I tell you, he will put on an apron and have them sit at table and he will wait on them. Happy are those servants if he finds them awake when he comes at midnight or daybreak!
39 Pay attention to this: If the master of the house had known at what time the thief would come, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40 You also must be ready, for the Son of Man will come at an hour you do not expect.”


Beloved, all the readings of the day point out to the eternal inheritance of Your faithful.  


Thank You Beloved for the tender words you use in encouraging Your own little flock.  Your band of faithful servants.  Your love keeps us faithful and true.  Gives us strength and courage despite our failures and weakness and sinfulness.  You renew us each day so we can fly with the wings of the eagle.  We are the sparrow You hold safe in Your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment