Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Isaiah 50:4-5, Jeremiah 31:10-13



Isaiah 50:4-5
 4 The Lord Yahweh has taught me
so I speak as his disciple
and I know how to sustain the weary.
Morning after morning he wakes me up
to hear, to listen like a disciple.
The Lord Yahweh has opened my ear.
I have not rebelled,
nor have I withdrawn.


Beloved, may this be true of me.  May I be Your disciple, learning all You wish to teach me as I spend time with You each morning.  May I in in turn share it all in loving kindness with everyone I encounter through the day.


Jeremiah 31:2-3
The people who survived the sword have found grace in the desert.  As Israel was seeking for his rest Yahweh appeared from afar saying, I have loved you with a love everlasting, so I  have kept for you my mercy.


Yes Lord, it is only in the desert alone with You that I have received a measure of Your infinite grace.  Thank You for assuring me that Your love is everlasting.


Jeremiah 31:10-13
10 Hear the word of Yahweh, O nations,
proclaim it on distant coastlands:
He who scattered Israel will gather them
and guard them as a shepherd guard his flock.
11 For Yahweh has ransomed Jacob
and redeemed him from the hand of his conqueror.
12 They shall come shouting for joy, while ascending Zion;
they will come streaming to Yahweh’s blessings –
the grain, the new wine and the oil,
the young of the flocks and herds.
They will be like a well-watered garden;
no more will they be afflicted.
13 Maidens will make merry and dance,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness, I will give them comfort and joy for sorrow.

You continue Your wonderful promises speaking through the mount of the prophet.  You who have ransomed and redeemed me will guard me as a shepherd guards his flock.  I will be like a well watered guarded as You pour Your grace upon me.  You have turned my mourning to dancing, laughter and song.

Matthew 15:21-28
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Now a Canaanite woman came from those borders and began to cry out, “Lord, Son of David, have pity on me! My daughter is tormented by a demon.” 23 But Jesus did not answer her, not even a word. So his dis­ciples approached him and said, “Send her away: see how she is shouting after us.”
24 Then Jesus said to her, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the nation of Israel.”
25 But the woman was already kneeling before Jesus and said, “Sir, help me!” 26 Jesus answered, “It is not right to take the bread from the children and throw it to the little dogs.” 27 The woman replied, “It is true, sir, but even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their master’s table.” 28 Then Jesus said, “Woman, how great is your faith! Let it be as you wish.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Beloved, there may be times we feel we are stand outside, beyond Your grace and mercy, but that is not true as is demonstrated so beautifully in this Gospel account of the encounter between You and the Canaanite women.

No comments:

Post a Comment