Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jeremiah 9:22-23, Jeremiah 30:21-23,Psalm 102:29, Matthew 14:27-33 & 36


Jeremiah 9:22-23
• 22 It is Yahweh who speaks: 
“Let not the wise boast of his wisdom, 
nor the valiant of his valor 
nor the wealthy of his wealth! 
23 But if someone wants to boast, 
let him boast of this: 
of understanding and knowing me. 
I am Yahweh, the merciful; 
I implement justice 
and rule the world with righteousness. 
For in these things I delight,” 
this is Yahweh’s word.

You my Beloved are my only boast.  It is You alone who gives me a deep, unshakeable peace and joy in my soul .  Thank You for loving me and most of all for wanting my poor love for You in return.

Jeremiah 30:21-23

I will bring him close to me for who would dare to approach me? 22 You shall be my people and I shall be your God.”

True Lord, how would we dare to approach Your awesome majesty if You did not first draw us close to You in love?


Psalm 102:29

29 Your servants’ children will dwell secure; their posterity will endure without fail.

Thank You for the wonderful promise You make to us for our children.


Matthew 14:27-33 & 36

27 But at once Jesus said to them, “Courage! Don’t be afraid. It’s me!” 28 Peter answered, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you walking on the water.”
29 Jesus said to him, “Come.” And Peter got out of the boat, walking on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But, in face of the strong wind, he was afraid and began to sink. So he cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31 Jesus immediately stret­ched out his hand and took hold of him, saying, “Man of little faith, why did you doubt?”
32 As they got into the boat, the wind drop­ped. 33 Then those in the boat bowed down be­­fore Jesus saying, “Truly, you are the Son of God!”
34 They came ashore at Gennesareth. 35 The local people recognized Jesus and spread the news throughout the region. So they brought all the sick to him, 36 begging him to let them touch just the fringe of his cloak. All who touched it became perfectly well.

May I never be afraid to approach You my Lord and to trust You always no matter how difficult the circumstances.  I know that with You I am safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment