Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Isaiah 54:3,5,8,9-10,13,17, Psalm 91:1-2,10-15, Romans 10:8, 11-13, Luke 4:1-13

Isaiah 54:3,5,8-10,13-17
3 for you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will take possession of the nations and inhabit cities that have been abandoned. 5 For your Maker is to marry you: Yahweh Sabaoth is his name. Your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel: He is called God of all the earth.  8with everlasting love I have had mercy on you, says Yahweh, your Redeemer.  9  I swear not to be angry with you and never again to rebuke you. 10 The mountains may depart and the hills be moved, but never will my love depart from you nor my covenant of peace be removed, says Yahweh whose compassion is for you. 13 All your children will be taught by Yahweh, and they will prosper greatly. 17 No weapon forged against you will succeed, and all who speak against you will be silenced. Such is the lot of the servants of Yahweh, and such is the right I grant them – says Yahweh.

My Beloved, what wonderful promises You make, You are God not man   so I can trust You  to keep every one of them.  Thank You Beloved.

Psalm 91:1-2, 10-15
1 You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who rest in the shadow of the Almighty, 2 say to the Lord, “My stronghold, my refuge, my God in whom I trust!” 10 no harm will come upon you, no disaster will draw near your home.  11 For he will command his angels  to guard you in all your ways. 12 They will lift you up with their hands so that your foot will not hit a stone.  13 You will tread on wildcats and snakes  and trample the lion and the dragon.  14 “Because they cling to me, I will rescue them,”  says the Lord.  “I will protect those who know my name. 15 When they call to me, I will answer;  in time of trouble I will be with them; I will deliver and honor them. 

Thank You for all the assurances in this Psalm.  I claim each one of Your promises for my sister Sandy, for my family and for myself.  I belong to You, I love You, I cling to You and I know You will not forsake Your own.

Romans 10:8, 11-13
 8 True righteousness coming from faith also says: The word of God is near you, on your lips and in your hearts.11 For Scripture says: No one who believes in him will be ashamed. 12 Here there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; all have the same Lord, who is very generous with whoever calls on him.13 Truly, all who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

Once again You confirm that You are near on our lips and in our hearts.  All who believe in You will have no cause to be ashamed.  You are generous and all who call on You with faith, hope and trust will be heard and saved.

Luke 4:1-13 
Filled with the Holy Spirit, Jesus left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit through the wilderness, being tempted there by the devil for forty days. During that time he ate nothing and at the end he was hungry. Then the devil said to him, ‘If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to turn into a loaf.’ But Jesus replied, ‘Scripture says: Man does not live on bread alone.’ Then leading him to a height, the devil showed him in a moment of time all the kingdoms of the world and said to him, ‘I will give you all this power and the glory of these kingdoms, for it has been committed to me and I give it to anyone I choose. Worship me, then, and it shall all be yours.’ But Jesus answered him, ‘Scripture says: You must worship the Lord your God, and serve him alone.’ Then he led him to Jerusalem and made him stand on the parapet of the Temple. ‘If you are the Son of God,’ he said to him ‘throw yourself down from here, for scripture says: He will put his angels in charge of you  to guard you, and again: They will hold you up on their hands in case you hurt your foot against a stone.’ But Jesus answered him, ‘It has been said:  You must not put the Lord your God to the test.’Having exhausted all these ways of tempting him, the devil left him, to return at the appointed time.

My Beloved, no love is as great as Yours You not only became one like us but You wanted to experience all the weaknesses of our poor human flesh in order that You could understand perfectly with great mercy and compassion and help  us overcome our own weaknesses.  Forty days and forty nights You not only fasted but You were tempted in every way that we are but remained sinless.  You spent that time in solitude, in prayer - filled with the Holy Spirit and One with Your Father who strengthened You and helped You to prepare for Your great mission of redemption for which He sent You and which You accepted in perfect obedience. Thank You my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment