Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1 Kings 8:23, 28-30, Psalm 84:3-5, 10-11

1 Kings 8:23, 28-30
O Yahweh, God of Israel, there is no God like you either in heaven or on earth! You keep your covenant and show loving- kindness to your servants who walk before you wholeheartedly.! 28 Yet, listen to the prayer and supplication of your servant, O Yahweh my God; hearken to the cries and pleas which your servant directs to you this day. 29 Watch over this House of which you have said, ‘My name shall rest there.’ Hear the prayer of your servant in this place.  30 Listen to the supplication of your servant and your people Israel when they pray in this direction; listen from your dwelling place in heaven and, on listening, forgive.

My Beloved, thank You for Your Bride, the Holy Catholic Church in which You have graciously ordained that I may be a member.  I thank You for the fullness of Yourself that exists in Your Church. Thank You for the great love that You have for each one of its members.  Thank You that You always listen to our cries and You give us all that we need on our journey from earth to heaven.  Thank You Beloved, for staying with us in the Eucharist and giving Yourself to us as our food.  How truly blessed we are, for in receiving You into our bodies, we become what we consume.

Psalm 84:3-5, 10-11
3 My soul yearns, pines, for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.  4 Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest  where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God! 5 Happy are those who live in your house, continually singing your praise!  10 Look upon our shield, O God; look upon the face of your anointed! 11 One day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be left at the threshold in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of the wicked. 

My gracious, most beloved Lord, all day long and even at night as I lie on my bed, I raise my voice and my heart to You.  Hear and answer me O my God and my Lord.  Hear and anwer my cry O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment