Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

1 Kings 11:29-32; 12-19, Mark 7:31-37

My Beloved, even though You knew that eventually Jeroboam would also prove to be unfaithful, You entrusted him with the kingdom.  You have placed Your trust in me as well even through I am unfaithful often.

Mark 7:31-37
31 Again Jesus set out; from the country of Tyre he passed through Sidon and skirting the sea of Galilee he came to the territory of Decapolis. 32 There a deaf man who also had difficulty in speaking was brought to him. They asked Jesus to lay his hand upon him.  33 Jesus took him apart from the crowd, put his fingers into the man’s ears and touched his tongue with spittle. 34 Then, looking up to heav¬en, he groaned and said to him, “Ephphetha,” that is, “Be opened.”  35 And his ears were opened, his tongue was loosened, and he began to speak clearly. 36 Jesus ordered them not to tell anyone, but the more he insisted on this, the more they proclaimed it. 37 The people were completely astonished and said, “He has done all things well; he makes the deaf hear and the dumb speak.”

Like the deaf mute I too was deaf and ignorant of Your word and thus was not able to articulate it.  Thank You my Beloved for ministering to me personally, for taking me away with You and touching and healing me.  For opening my ears to hear You and loosening my tongue so I could sign aloud and praise You for all the wonderful things You have done for me.  Thank You for helping me see through You words, Your actions, and Your life how much You love me.  Thank You for the desire to sing from the rooftops and tell of all the marvelous things You have done for me and continue to do so.  I love You. Thank You for loving me even though I am a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment