Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Psalm 3:4-7, Isaiah 42:6-7, Luke 7:2-10

Psalm 3:4-7
4 But you are my shield, O Lord,
my glory, you lift up my head.
5 Aloud I cry to the Lord,
and from his holy hill he answers me.
6 If I lie down to sleep,
again I awake, for the Lord supports me;
7 no fear of the thousands standing against me.
I have cried out unto You my Lord in my distress and You have answered me.

Isaiah 42:6-7
6 I, Yahweh, have called you for the sake of justice;
I will hold your hand to make you firm;
I will make you as a covenant to the people,
and as a light to the nations,
7 to open eyes that do not see,
to free captives from prison,
to bring out to light those who sit in darkness.

My Beloved, if You were not with me, to uphold and sustain me, I would fall by the wayside.  As always You make such wonderful promises to me.  I am nothing, yet You care for me making me a co-worker in Your vineyard.  But without obedience and humility, I will not be able to fulful all You ask of me.  Help me Lord.


Luke 7:2-10
2 There was a captain whose servant was very sick and near to death, a man very dear to him. 3 So when he heard about Jesus, he sent some elders of the Jews to persuade him to come and save his servant’s life. 4 The elders came to Jesus and begged him earnestly, saying, 5 “He deserves this of you, for he loves our people and even built a synagogue for us.”
6 Jesus went with them. He was not far from the house when the captain sent friends to give this message, “Sir, do not trouble yourself for I am not worthy to welcome you under my roof. 7 You see I didn’t approach you myself. Just give the order and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself, a junior officer, give orders to my soldiers and I say to this one: ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to the other: ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant: ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
9 On hearing these words, Jesus was filled with admiration. He turned and said to the people with him, “I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such great faith.” 10 The people sent by the captain went back to his house; there they found that the servant was well.

Beloved, I want to be a soldier under Your command - implicitly obedient to all You ask of me. Yours to command always. Help me O Lord to keep my promises to You.  Sustain me with Your Holy Spirit.


"When You err accept the consequences of your actions, make amends and move on.  Don't wallow in regret."


Thank You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment