Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Jeremiah 32:27, Job1: 6-22, Luke 9:46-50, Psalm 17:1-3, 6-7

Jeremiah 32:27
"I am Yahweh, the God of all humankind. Is there anything impossible for me?"

"Why do you allow yourself to be anxious, fearful and dismayed? It shows a distinct lack of trust in Me, especially after all I have done for you. Know that I am the Lord, the Son of the Living God, Creator of heaven and earth and trust Me always. It pleases Me when You place all Your hope and trust in Me."

"I will my Beloved. thank You."

Job 1: 6-22
6 One day the heavenly beings came to present themselves before Yahweh, and Satan came with them. 7 Yahweh asked Satan, “Where have you been?”
Satan answered, “Going up and down the earth, roaming about.”
8 Yahweh asked again, “Have you noticed my servant Job? No one on earth is as blameless and upright as he, a man who fears God and avoids evil.”
9 But Satan returned the question, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have you not built a protective wall around him and his family and all his possessions? You have blessed and prospered him, with his livestock all over the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike where his riches are, and I bet he will curse you to your face.”
12 Yahweh said to Satan, “Very well, all that he has is in your power. But do not lay a finger upon the man himself.” So Satan left the presence of Yahweh.
13 One day, while his sons and daughters were feasting in the house of their eldest brother, 14 a messenger came to Job and said, “Your oxen were plowing, and your donkeys were grazing nearby 15 when the Sabaeans came and carried them off. They killed the herdsmen. I alone escaped to tell you.”
16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came, “God’s fire fell from the sky and burned all your sheep and the shepherds as well. I alone have escaped to tell you.”
17 He had hardly finished speaking when another messenger arrived, “Three raiding teams of Chal­deans have killed your servants and carried off your camels. I alone have escaped to tell you.”
18 He was still speaking when another messenger came and said to Job, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking in the house of their eldest brother 19 when suddenly a great wind blew across the desert and struck the house. It collapsed on the young people and they all died. I alone have escaped to tell you.”
20 In grief Job tore his clothes and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground and worshiped, 21 saying,
“Naked I came from my mo­ther’s womb,
naked shall I return.
Yahweh gave, Yahweh has taken away.
Blessed be his name!”
22 In spite of this calamity, Job did not sin by blaspheming God.


My Jesus, if only we had the faith of Job. If we loved You for who You are and not for what we receive from You, then, our love would be pleasing to You. I pray Lord that like Job I will continue to praise and thank You in every circumstance of my life.

Luke 9:46-50
• 46 One day the disciples were arguing about which of them was the most impor­tant. 47 But Jesus knew their thoughts, so he took a little child and stood him by his side. 48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me, welcomes the one who sent me. And listen: the one who is found to be the least among you all, is the one who is the greatest.”
49 Then John spoke up, “Master, we saw someone who drove out demons by calling upon your name, and we tried to forbid him because he doesn’t follow you with us.” 50 But Jesus said, “Don’t forbid him. He who is not against you is for you.”


My Beloved, You know our most secret thoughts. Before You nothing is hidden and You bring it all out into the open. You show us up for what we are - small minded and self righteous. We often think that we are better than others, not unlike the Pharisees, when in fact, nothing could be further than the truth. We hide behind a cloak of perceived good. We parade our good deeds before men and think we can fool You. Nothing pleases You more than when we recognise that we are nothing wIthout Your mercy and grace.

Just like the disciples, we too, easily condemn other groups who do good work in Your Name. We ought to encourage them instead of belittling what they do. What matters in the end is that You are glorified and made known among men.

Psalm 17:1-3, 6-7
1 Hear a just cause, O Lord,
listen to my complaint.
Give heed to my prayer
for there is no deceit on my lips.
2 Let my defense come forth from you;
your eyes see what is right.
3 You have probed my heart,
searched me at night,
tested me by fire,
and you have seen no wickedness in me.

6 I call on you, you will answer me, O God; incline your ear and hear my word.
7 For you do wonders for your faithful,
you save those fleeing from the enemy
as they seek refuge at your right hand.


The Psalmist knows that everyone can find a home and a refuge in You especially the innocent, the poor and the weak. The cry of these little ones pierces Your heart and You make haste to help them. The more we are aware of our own helplessness and our dependance on You, the surer is our hope that You will hear and answer us.

"Look at Me M--- mine and be radiant. Do not be afraid. Remember all things are passing except My love which is from everlasting to everlasting."

"Thank You Beloved You do know how to lift me up."






No comments:

Post a Comment