Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Luke 7:37, 38 & 47, Mark 10:49-52, 1 Corinthians 3:1-3, 5-7, Luke 4:38- 39, 40 & 42, Psalm 33:12-15, 20-21

Luke 7:37, 38 & 47
She brought a precious jar of perfume.  She wet His feet with tears, she dried them with her hair, and kissed His feet and poured the perfume on them.  "I tell you, her sins, her many sins are forgiven, because she has loved much."

Mark 10:49-52
49 Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called the blind man saying, “Take heart. Get up, he is calling you.” 50 He immediately threw aside his cloak, jumped up and went to Jesus.
51 Then Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” The blind man said, “Master, let me see again!” 52 And Jesus said to him, “Go your way, your faith has made you well.” And immediately he could see, and he followed Jesus along the road.

Beloved, thank You for forgiving me my many sins, thank You for calling me and answering my need. Thank You for healing me and for grace to follow You.
 
1 Corinthians 3:1-3, 5-7
 1 I could not, friends, speak to you as spiritual persons but as fleshly people, for you are still infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk and not solid food, for you were not ready for it and up to now you cannot receive it 3 for you are still of the flesh. As long as there is jealousy and strife, what can I say but that you are at the level of the flesh and behave like ordinary people.
5 For what is Apollos? What is Paul? They are ministers and through them you believed, as it was given by the Lord to each of them. 6 I planted, Apollos watered the plant, but God made it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who makes the plant grow.

Beloved, the time must come when we must grow up.  We cannot remain spiritual babies for the rest of our lives.  As I have received so let me give.

Luke 4:38-39, 40 & 42
38 Leaving the synagogue, Jesus went to the house of Simon. His mother-in-law was suffering from high fever and they asked him to do something for her. 39 Bending over her, he rebuked the fever, and it left her. Immediately she got up and waited on them.
40 At sunset, people suffering from many kinds of sickness were brought to Jesus. Laying his hands on each one, he healed them.
42 Jesus left at daybreak and looked for a solitary place.

Beloved, the Gospel tells us that You left the synagogue and went to Simon's house.  Once there You were informed that Simon's mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever and You were asked to do something for her.  What was Your response my Lord.  I imagine You bending over her and looking at her very tenderly as You commanded the fever to leave her.  And her response is a lesson to all of us - after You touch and heal us from whatever ails us we must rise up immediately and see You and serve You in the face of others.
 
God always stoops down over His people in great love and humility, ever watchful and protective of His own.
 
You also have set us the example of waking up at daybreak and spending time alone with You as You did with the Father.
 
Psalm 33:12-15, 20-21
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord –

the people he has chosen for his inheritance.
13 The Lord looks down from heaven
and sees the whole race of mortals.
14 From where he sits he watches
all those who dwell on the earth –
15 he who fashions every heart
observes all their deeds.
20 In hope we wait for the Lord,
for he is our help and our shield.
21 Our hearts rejoice in him,
for we trust in his holy name.

How reassuring it is to know that You are constantly watching over me.  I raise my entire being to You in loving gratitude for all You do for me.  Thank You my Lord and my God.




No comments:

Post a Comment