Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

John 10:27-30, Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, John 1:47-51, Psalm 138:1-5

John 10:27-30
27 My sheep hear my voice and I know them; they follow me 28 and I give them eternal life. They shall never perish and no one will ever steal them from me. 29 What the Father has given me is above everything else and no one can snatch it from the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
I belong to You Beloved - this knowledge that i am Yours and You are mine is the source of my deepest joy.  In the terrible din of this world, You grant me the grace to hear Your voice and follow You.  Thank You for the wonderful assurance that no one can steal me from You for I am entrusted to You by a loving Father - You taught me to call Him Abba and what the Father has given You no one can dare to take away.

Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14
9 I looked and saw the following:
Some thrones were set in place and One of Great Age took his seat. His robe was white as snow, his hair white as washed wool. His throne was flames of fire with wheels of blazing fire. 10 A river of fire sprang forth and flowed before him. Thousands upon thousands served him and a countless multitude stood before him.
Those in the tribunal took their seats and opened the book. Those in the tribunal took their seats and opened the book.
13 I continued watching the nocturnal vision:
One like a son of man came on the clouds of heaven. He faced the One of Great Age and was brought into his presence.
14 Dominion, honor and kingship were given him, and all the peoples and nations of every language served him. His dominion is eternal and shall never pass away; his kingdom will never be destroyed.
Beloved, the One of Great Age, the Father, has entrusted all things in heaven, on earth and under the earth to You.  Your Lordship is over all.  You are the King of Kings and You rule by the decree of God Almighty, the Eternal One.  Your Kingdom is eternal and can never be destroyed. 

John 1:47-51
” 47 When Jesus saw Nathanael coming, he said of him, “Here comes an Israelite, a true one; there is nothing false in him.” 48 Nathanael asked him, “How do you know me?” And Jesus said to him, “Before Philip called you, you were under the fig tree and I saw you.”
49 Nathanael answered, “Master, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!” 50 But Jesus replied, “You believe because I said: ‘I saw you under the fig tree.’ But you will see greater things than that.
51 Truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”

The glory of the Almighty God, His infinite and all encompassing love, all that is in God is made manifest in You, my Beloved.  Those who believe in You, who see You, who love You, who touch You, those who taste You in the wonder of the Eucharist and are transformed in You, -  love, touch and taste the Father Himself, for He and You are One in the Holy Spirit, who is the bond of love that unites You and the Father and draws us into the divine life of the Triune God. 
At the celebration of the Holy Eucharist in every Mass, the heavens open and the angels of God ascend and descend upon the Son of Man and we are invited to receive Him and become one with Him - Wow, what a stupendous gift and blessing!!!

Psalm 138:1-5
1 I thank you, O Lord, with all my heart,
for you have heard the word of my lips.
I sing your praise in the presence of the gods.
2 I bow down towards your holy temple
and give thanks to your name,
for your love and faithfulness,
for your word which exceeds everything.
3 You answered me when I called;
you restored my soul and made me strong.
4 O Lord, all kings on earth will give you praise,
when they have heard your words.
5 They will celebrate the ways of the Lord,
“great is the glory of the Lord!”
Beloved, I join my praise, thanks, love, worship and adoration with that of the psalmist.  I sing with him of Your mercies and tender compassion.  Thank You for drawing me to Yourself each morning and flooding my soul with the wonder, splendour and grace of Your loving Presence.  Truly I am speechless before love such as Yours.  Undeserving of Your love though I am, You not only love me, You answer my prayers  You lift me up and You fill me with grace, You strengthen me. Having You my Beloved, I have all I need.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment