Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

2 Samuel 22:7, 17, 20, 26-27a, 28-34, 36-37 & 41, Proverbs 30:5, Matthew 8:18-22


2 Samuel 22:7, 17, 20, 26-27a, 28-34, 36-37 & 41

7 In my distress I called upon the LORD and cried out to my God; From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry reached his ears. 17 "He reached out from on high and grasped me; he drew me out of the deep waters. 20 He set me free in the open, and rescued me, because he loves me. 26 "Toward the faithful you are faithful; toward the wholehearted you are wholehearted; 27 Toward the sincere you are sincere; 28 You save lowly people, though on the lofty your eyes look down. 29 You are my lamp, O LORD! O my God, you brighten the darkness about me. 30 For with your aid I run against an armed band, and by the help of my God I leap over a wall. 31 God's way is unerring; the promise of the LORD is fire-tried; he is a shield to all who take refuge in him." 32 "For who is God except the LORD? Who is a rock save our God? 33 The God who girded me with strength and kept my way unerring; 34 Who made my feet swift as those of hinds and set me on the heights; 36 "You have given me your saving shield, and your help has made me great.
37 You made room for my steps; unwavering was my stride. 40 "You girded me with strength for war; you subdued my adversaries beneath me. 41 You have put my enemies to flight. 

Beloved I sing David's hymn of praise to You. My Lord and my God. Abba, Father, do not abandon Your little one. Have pity on me and console me. Wipe away my tears and comfort me.

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is true, he is a shield in whom man can find refuge. 

Thank You O Eternal Word of God, my most beloved Lord Jesus Christ, for assuring me that every word that issues forth from the mouth of God is true.  You are my shield and my stronghold in You I will always find protection and help.


Matthew 8:18-22

18 When he saw the crowd press around him, Jesus gave orders to cross to the other shore. 19 A teacher of the Law approached him and said, “Master, I will follow you wherever you go.” 20 Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” 21 Another disciple said to him, “Lord, let me go and bury my father first.” 22 But Jesus answered him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

Jesus, today's Scripture passage tells us that when You saw the crowds your departed to the other shore.  Why Lord?  

"A crowd has a herd mentality.  It is often mindless.  It looks for sensationalism.  It looks for a circus.  The emotions of a crowd are unpredictable.  But sometimes I deliberately walked into the crowd to seek out the individual that needed Me.  I felt the hunger and thirst for Me and I reached out to satisfy that longing.  But more often than not I wanted to run away from the crowds and the mob because their agenda was so different from the one I wanted to set."

Beloved, today's word continues to speak about the teacher and the disciple who were caught up in the emotion of the moment.  You gave them both a reality check.  The same message holds true for me and for all potential disciples.  When You say, "Follow Me."  I must leave everything and follow You immediately.  No excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment