Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Psalm 31:3-4,6-8, 17 & 21, John 6:30 & 35


My Beloved, You are a generous Lover.  When You give, You give in bounteous measure, shaken down and running over.  You do nothing by halves.  You pour out Your love as You poured out Your life without counting the cost to Yourself.  Grant me the grace to be as responsive to Your love as You are to mine.

Psalm 31:3-4, 6-8, 17 & 21
3 Give heed to my plea, and make haste to rescue me. Be a rock of refuge for me, a fortress for my safety. 4 For you are my rock and my stronghold, lead me for your name’s sake; 6 Into your hands I commend my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God. 7 You hate those who worship worthless idols; but I put all my trust in the Lord. 8 I will rejoice and be glad in your love, for you have seen my affliction, you know the agony of my soul. 17 Make your face shine upon your servant; save me in your love. 21 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from human wiles; you keep them in your dwelling, safe from the intrigues of wagging tongues.

We are living in a time of great persecution in the Church, the terrible sins of a few who have breached the trust of their office as Your ministers on earth, are being used to shake its very foundations.  Evil seems to be having its day, as it is doing all in its power to silence the voice of Your Church.  Your servant Pope Benedict XVI and Your faithful followers are not afraid to call sin by its proper name.  How apt the Psalm of the day is Lord. 
 
John 6:30 & 35
30 They then said, “Show us miraculous signs, that we may see and believe you. What sign do you perform?
35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall never be hungry, and whoever believes in me shall never be thirsty.

The miraculous sign of our times is this Beloved, that Your Church is the solitary voice that continues to speak loudly, boldly and fearlessly against the evils perpetuated by they world.  The world wants to silence it at all costs because it perfers to wallow in the gutter filled with the slime of sin.  The world wants men to believe that they are gods and that they have the licence to do as they please.  This evil culture is propagated in the guise of freedom of choice.  But inspite of being able to do exactly what it pleases, the world is getting hungrier and thirstier.  Only You O Bread of Life, can satisfy our hunger and thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment