Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Romans 8:3, Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24, Luke 1:57-66, Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 14

Mass Readings for Today:  Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24, Luke 1:57-66, Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romans 8:3
The Law was without effect because flesh was not responding. Then God, planning to destroy sin, sent his own Son, in the likeness of those subject to the sinful human condition; by doing this, he condemned the sin in this human condition.


God, planning to destroy sin, sent His Own Son, in the likeness of those subject to the sinful human condition.  By doing this He destroyed both sin and death.  Beloved, every Christmas we ponder afresh that You became one like us to save us.  You defeated sin and death in order to make us victorious through the merits You  have obtained for us.

This Christmas I want to say, thank You Beloved.

Malachi 3:1
Suddenly the Lord for whom you long will enter the sanctuary.

Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 14
Teach me your ways, O Lord; make known to me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and instruct me, for you are my God, my savior; I hope in you all day long.
Good and upright, the Lord teaches sinners his way.
He teaches the humble of heart and guides them in what is right.
10 The ways of the Lord are love and faithfulness for those who keep his cov­enant and precepts.

Beloved, I make the prayer of the Psalmist my own today. 

I need You to teach me, to guide me, to walk by my side, to keep my hand firmly in Your Own lest I go astray in the dark.  Give me a hunger and thirst for Your Holy Word so it can light my way and sustain me.  

Give me a humble heart - the proud can be taught nothing.  Help me to be faithful to You no matter how difficult it may be.  Stay with me always Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment