Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sirach 39:14, Isaiah 41:13-20, Matthew 11:11-15, Psalm 145:1, 9-13

Mass Readings for today:   Isaiah 41:13-20, Matthew 11:11-15, Psalm 145:1, 9-13
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirach 39:14
14 Spread fragrance around you like incense; blossom and perfume the air like a lily; sing a hymn and bless Yahweh for all his works.


How can I spread the fragrance of Christ around me?  By imitating Your virtues my loving Mother.  By allowing the Holy Spirit to hold sway over me and all my senses.  By yielding my entire being to the will of God.  Help me Mama.  Intercede for me.
Isaiah 41:13
13 For I, Yahweh, your God, take hold of your right hand and say to you: “Fear not, I am your assistance.”  14 Fear not, Jacob, poor worm, and you, people of Israel, so frail.I am your redeemer, says Yahweh,the Holy One of Israel, your helper.

Beloved, thank You for Your promise to take me by the right hand and to assist me.  Thank You for reminding me that You are my redeemer and my helper.

Matthew 11:11, 15
12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven is something to be conquered and the unyielding seize it.
15 Let anyone with ears listen!


Beloved, one way of looking at verse 14 is that we conquer the Kingdom of Heaven by conquering ourselves, without flinching, without compromise.  In total surrender, humility and obedience, we lay siege to our faults, failings, weaknesses and sinful habits and with the grace of God, we can lay  hold of the Kingdom as our inheritance, our cup and our portion.  
Beloved, today the Church celebrates the feast of St. Juan Diego - Our Mama's little,
"Juanito, Juan Dieguito" , "the most humble of my sons", "my son the least", "my little dear", who conquered with simplicity, humility and childlike obedience.


No comments:

Post a Comment