Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Isaiah 27:2-3, Isaiah 45:6-8, 21-25, Luke 7:18-23, Psalm 85:9-14

Mass Reading for Today:   Isaiah 45:6-8, 21-25, Luke 7:18-23, Psalm 85:9-14
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isaiah 27:2-3
2 On that day, he will say, “Praise my fruitful vineyard! 3 I, Yahweh, am its keeper; I water it every moment. So that no one will harm it, day and night I guard it.”

Thank You my Beloved for Your comforting and loving assurance that You are always watching over Your own.

Isaiah 45:6, 23-24
6 so that, from the rising
to the setting of the sun,
all may know
that there is no one besides me;
I am Yahweh, and there is no other.
Before me every knee will bend,
by me every tongue will swear, 24 saying,
“In Yahweh alone are righteousness and strength.”

Over and over again You remind us that we are saved through You alone and none other.  All will acknowledge this truth and bow down and worship You.


Luke 7:18-20, 22-23
Are you the one we are to expect, or should we wait for another?”
 “Go back and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind see again, the lame walk, lepers are made clean, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the poor are given good news. Now, listen: 23 Fortunate are those who encounter me, but not for their downfall.”

Today too, to anyone who asks this question the Church should be able to give the same answer that You gave to John's messengers.  The same vibrancy of Your life in the Church, the power, the faith, the miracles should be present in Your Church for this is what You  have promised.  Sadly, we have allowed our faith to become weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment