Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Psalm 25:15, Isaiah 26:1-6, Matthew 7:21, 24-27, Psalm 118 1, 8-9, 19-21,25-27

Mass Reading for Today: Isaiah 26:1-6, Matthew 7:21, 24-27, Psalm 118 1, 8-9, 19-21,25-27 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 25:15

My eyes are always on the Lord, for He will free my feet from the snare.

Beloved, if I keep my eyes always on You I will not be afraid. I will have the strength to face all the difficulties that assail me. With You nothing is impossible. You will set me free from all the ways in which I entangle myself on my way to You. I trust You, I look to You alone to save me.

Isaiah 26:5-6
5 He brought down those who dwell on high, he laid low the lofty city, he razed it to the ground, leveled it to the dust, 6 Now it is trampled the poor and the lowly tread upon it.

Beloved, the Church is the strong city with the 12 Apostles as the foundation and You as the Cornerstone. The gates of hell shall not prevail against it. We are safe in her embrace for You are her protector. Those who trust in You enjoy perfect peace for You are the Rock, the humble will find in You reason to rejoice for You are a friend of the humble. The proud go away full of themselves the little ones are filled with You. It will serve us well if we remember these verses.

Matthew 7:21
21 Not everyone who says to me: Lord! Lord! will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my heavenly Father.

Beloved, - we ought not to fool ourselves with all that we do externally and without an internal conversion of heart. Without humility and obedience there is no salvation. Unless I am built upon the Rock solid foundation of Your Church, strengthened by the Sacraments and living each day in fulfillment of Your commands, to love God above and before all else and love my neighbor as myself only then can I hope to be saved.

Psalm 118:21

21 I thank you for having answered me, for having rescued me.

My Beloved, I can truly say that You have answered me always and saved me every time from my foolishness. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment