Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Proverbs 16:24, Isaiah 54:1:10, Luke 7:24-30, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13

Mass Readings for Today:  Isaiah 54:1:10, Luke 7:24-30, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proverbs 16:24
24 Kind words are like a honeycomb: sweet to the spirit and healthy to the body.

To speak kindly always despite all provocation requires grace my Beloved.  When agitated by circumstances, turbulence rages within that disturbs the even tenor of life.  But it is part of living and to allow the Spirit to prevail is a sign of true maturity.  HELP ME LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaiah 54:1:10
Rejoice, O barren woman who has not given birth; sing and shout for joy, you who never had children, for more are the children of the rejected woman than the children of the married wife, says Yahweh.
Enlarge the space for your tent, stretch out your hangings, lengthen your ropes and strengthen your stakes, for you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will take possession of the nations and inhabit cities that have been abandoned.
Do not be afraid for you will not be deceived, do not be ashamed for you will not be disgraced. You will forget the shame of your youth; no longer will you remember the disgrace of your widowhood.
For your Maker is to marry you: Yahweh Sabaoth is his name. Your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel: He is called God of all the earth.
For Yahweh has called you back as one forsaken and grieved in spirit. Who could abandon his first beloved? says your God.
For a brief moment I have abandoned you, but with great tenderness I will gather my people. For a moment, in an outburst of anger, I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I have had mercy on you, says Yahweh, your Redeemer.
This is for me like Noah’s waters, when I swore that they would no more flood the earth; so now I swear not to be angry with you and never again to rebuke you. 10 The mountains may depart and the hills be moved, but never will my love depart from you nor my covenant of peace be removed, says Yahweh whose compassion is for you.

Beloved, every verse in this reading from the Prophet Isaiah is filled with light, compassion and wonderful promises.  I claim each one for myself.  Your Word is truly a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  You are kind and generous God and I take refuge and shelter in Your loving embrace.  I know I can trust You.  Teach me Lord to obey in total humility and give You complete authority over my will.

Luke 7:28
"The least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."


Beloved, You certainly  became the least in the Kingdom of God.  Never has there been greater humility that that God the almighty, the eternal, the ever living, clothed Himself in flesh and became a tiny little, helpless Baby, made even more helpless by being wrapped tightly in swaddling clothes.  Teach me true humility - in being born, in living and  in dying as You did. 

Psalm 30:6, 12, 13
For his anger lasts but a little while, and his kindness all through life.
12 But now, you have turned my mourn­ing into rejoicing; you have taken off my sackcloth and wrap­ped me in the garments of gladness.
13 And so my soul, no longer silent, now sings praise without ceasing. O Lord my God, forever will I give you thanks.


Thank You, Beloved for drying my tears and for the hope You have kindled in my heart.  You are a loving and faithful God and I rejoice in You.


No comments:

Post a Comment