Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

John 21:1-17

John 21:1-19
1 After this Jesus revealed himself to the disciples by the Lake of Tiberias. He appeared to them in this way. 2 Simon Peter, Thomas who was called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee and two other disciples were together; 3 and Simon Peter said to them, “I’m going fishing.” They replied, “We will come with you” and they went out and got into the boat. But they caught nothing that night.  4 When day had already broken, Jesus was standing on the shore, but the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. 5 Jesus called them, “Children, have you anything to eat?” They answered, “Nothing.” 6 Then he said to them, “Throw the net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they had lowered the net, they were not able to pull it in because of the great number of fish.  7 Then the disciple Jesus loved said to Peter, “It’s the Lord!” At these words, “It’s the Lord,” Simon Peter put on his clothes, for he was stripped for work, and jumped into the water. 8 The other disciples came in the boat dragging the net full of fish; they were not far from land, about a hundred meters.  9 When they landed, they saw a charcoal fire with fish on it, and some bread. 10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish you’ve just caught.” 11 So Simon Peter climbed into the boat and pulled the net to shore. It was full of big fish – one hundred and fifty-three – but, in spite of this, the net was not torn. 12 Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast,” and not one of the disciples dared ask him, “Who are you?” for they knew it was the Lord. 13 Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and he did the same with the fish.  14 This was the third time that Jesus revealed himself to his disciples after rising from the dead.  15 After they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” And Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”  16 A second time Jesus said to him, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” And Peter answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Look after my sheep.” 17 And a third time he said to him, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?”  Peter was saddened because Jesus asked him a third time, “Do you love me?” and he said, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus then said, “Feed my sheep.

"M--- mine, do you love Me?" 

"Lord You know I love You." 

"Offer Me your whole life with all its joys and sorrows,  all its hurts and disappointments,united with My life, for My greater glory.  I want You to give it all to me.  Every breath you breathe, every heart beat and pulse beat.  Every thought I want to be held captive to Me.  I want You to love me exclusively, above all and before all. 

You have done well to accept My Mother as your own as Your Mistress and Queen.  You have done well to consecrate yourself to her.  She will draw you ever closer to My Sacred Heart.  Do not let  earthly ties and human relationships overshadow your love for Me.  I want to take  the first and foremost place in your life everything else must come a far second."

"My Beloved, with the help of Your grace and through the power of You most Holy Spirit, I want to love You and belong to You more and more each day.  To love You and live for You gives me the greatest joy and peace.  Thank You for Your invitation to love You.  Who could refuse such a wonderful invitation to love You my own true God, King and centre of my heart and my life.  I do love You.  Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than to love You and live only for You, my God. I want to love You in the way that You wish me to love You."

"Love Me as only you can love Me.  That is the only acceptable way.  Each love is unique. No one can love Me as you can."

Peter went back to doing what he loved - it was there that the Lord found him.  (I love writing).  I will find Him in doing what I love but even here I must wait on Him.  Jesus told Peter where the fish were and he obeyed.  Jesus already had fish cooking on the shore but He asked Peter to bring some of the fish that he  had caught.  Jesus wants us to unite our work with His in order for it to have meaning, value and thus bear fruit that will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment