Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daniel 3:17-20, 91-92, 95 John 8:31-32

"My child when you pray, don't pray with the focus on yourself, your needs and wants.  When you pray for your sister Sandy, pray with the focus on Me, I know what is best for her.  Pray with your focus on My love for her and how she can glorify Me in her suffering.  Focus on my power to bless her, strengthen her, heal her, fill her with every grace and blessing and most of all with my Presence for my greater glory."

"Forgive me my Beloved and thank You for reminding me to be selfless when I pray."

Daniel 3:17-20
17 If you order us to be thrown into the furnace, the God we serve will rescue us. 18 But even if he won’t, we would like you to know, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden statue you have set up.” 19 Nebuchadnezzar’s face reddened with fury as he looked at Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual 20 and commanded some of his strongest soldiers to bind Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and throw them into the burning furnace.
 
Thank You Beloved for once again reminding me that You alone must be worshipped and glorified.  We bow down to You alone and no other when we pray.
 
Daniel 3:91-92
91 Then King Nebuchadnezzar suddenly rose up in great amazement and asked his counselors, “Did we not throw three men bound into the fire?” They answered, “Certainly.” 92 The king said, “But I can see four men walking about freely through the fire without suffering any harm, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”
 
Beloved, when we put our faith and trust in You we will never be disappointed.  Your Yourself will come to save us.
 
John 8:31-32, 34
31 Jesus went on to say to the Jews who believed in him: “You will be my true disciples if you keep my word. 32 Then you will know the truth and the truth will make you free.” 

Ignoring the crowd You spoke directly to those who believed in You.  You speak these words to me because I believe in You.

John 8:34
34 “Truly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave.  If God were Your Father you would love Me.

To those who question Your authority over them and Your ability to save and set free, You tell them that they are slaves to the very sins that they commit.  The sins of addiction, lethargy, spiritual blindness, natural philosophies, relativism, lack of a desire to come to know the God who loved them into being.  They are bound with cords stronger than steel and only acknowledgement, repentance and conversion can help them to come into the fullness of Truth.

John 8:36
36 So, if the Son makes you free, you will be really free." 

Because of You my Beloved, I am made a member of the household of God. I reside with Him as a cherished member of His family and I will live with Him forever.

John 8:42
42 Jesus replied, “If God were your Father you would love me, for I came forth from God, and I am here. And I didn’t come by my own decision, but it was he himself who sent me.

This surely is plain speaking.  If we call God Father, then it is only because of the merits that You won for us through Your passion, death and glorious resurrection.  Because we were baptised into You in Your death and we rose again to new life with You in Your resurrection we have the privilege of calling ourselves children of the Father.

In God's world there is no time only eternity and in His timeless world He has slowed us all down to take stock of our lives and our values and to understand the meaning of true love, tenderness and compassion.  He forms each one of us in the beautiful image of His Son.


No comments:

Post a Comment