Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Numbers 21:8-9, Psalm 102:2-3, 18, John 8:28-30

Numbers 21:8-9
Yahweh said to him, “Make a fiery serpent and set it on a standard; whoever has been bitten and then looks at it shall live.”  9 So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a standard. Whenever a man was bitten, he looked towards the bronze serpent and he lived.
My Beloved, the cross, Your Cross, gives me strength as I cling to my crucifix through the night.  I remember You each time I wake up in the night and thinking of You I go back to sleep again.  Only in the light of Your suffering can I make sense of the anguish we are going through right now as a family.



Psalm 102:2-3 & 18
 2 O Lord, hear my prayer; let my cry for help come to you.  3 Do not hide your face from me when I am in trouble. Turn your ear to me; make haste to answer me when I call.  18 For he will answer the prayer of the needy and will not despise their plea.
John 8:28-30
. 28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He and that I do nothing of myself, but I say just what the Father taught me. 29 He who sent me is with me and has not left me alone; because I always do what pleases him.”  30 As Jesus spoke like this, many believed in him.
Beloved, Your Word says that as You spoke like this, many believed in You - it does not say all believed in You.  This is true even today.  People have their own version of what faith is and who God is and they cling to these views with the passion of a miser who refuses to give up his gold.  Yet Your Word tells us that salvation comes from You alone and in believing in the One who sent You. Help me my Beloved to do my part in witnessing to the truth not so much in words as in the way I live my life - in close union with You and in obedience and total surrender to Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment