Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Isaiah 43: 18-21, Philippians 3:8, 10-14, Psalm 126:1-6, John 8:1-11

Isaiah 43:19-21,
18 But do not dwell on the past, or remember the things of old.  19 Look, I am doing a new thing:  now it springs forth.  Do you not see? I am opening up a way in the wilderness  and rivers in the desert. 20 I give water in the wilderness and rivers in the desert that my chosen people may drink. 21 I have formed this people for myself; they will proclaim my praise.

Beloved, here is a wonderful promise You make - the past is behind us - it is over.  Something new and wonderful unfolds before our eyes.  You O Lord, make streams flow in the arid, desert of our soul. We find new life in  abundance provided by the in-dwelling of Your Most Holy Spirit.

Philippians 3:8, 10-14
8 Still more, everything seems to me as nothing compared with the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord. For his sake I have let everything fall away and I now consider all as garbage, if instead I may gain Christ. 10 May I know him and experience the power of his resurrection and share in his sufferings and become like him in his death, 11 and attain through this, God willing, the resurrection from the dead! 12 I do not believe I have already reached the goal, nor do I consider myself perfect, but I press on till I conquer Christ Jesus, as I have already been conquered by him. 13 No, brothers and sisters, I do not claim to have claimed the prize yet. I say only this: forgetting what is behind me, I race forward and run towards the goal, 14 my eyes on the prize to which God has called us from above in Christ Jesus.

How true my Jesus, possessing You I possess all things.  Nothing that the world has to offer has any value for me.  You are all I need.  You have all of me.  Teach me how to possess all of Thee.  My old sinful life is in the past, over and done with.  My destiny is heaven, eternity and You my glorious God.

Psalm 126:1-6
1 When the Lord brought the exiles back to Zion, we were like those moving in a dream.  2 Then our mouths were filled with laughter, and our tongues with songs of joy.  Among the nations it was said, “The Lord has done great things for them.” 3 The Lord had done great things for us, and we were glad indeed.  4 Bring back our exiles, O Lord, like fresh streams in the desert. 5 Those who sow in tears  will reap with songs and shouts of joy.  6 They went forth weeping, bearing the seeds for sowing, they will come home with joyful shouts, bringing their harvested sheaves.

Beloved, I believe this is a prophecy for our family.  As we go through the agony and passion, You will bring us to the joy of the resurrection.  Amen and thank You!!!

John 8:1-11
1As for Jesus, he went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At daybreak Jesus appeared in the Temple again. All the people came to him, and he sat down and began to teach them. 3 Then the teachers of the Law and the Pharisees brought in a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They made her stand in front of everyone. 4 “Master,” they said, “this wo¬man has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now the Law of Moses orders that such women be stoned to death; but you, what do you say?” 6 They said this to test Jesus, in order to have some charge against him. Jesus bent down and started writing on the ground with his finger. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let anyone among you who has no sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And he bent down again, writing on the ground. 9 As a result of these words, they went away, one by one, starting with the elders, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Then Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She replied, “No one.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go away and don’t sin again.”
Beloved, evil with evil intention and malice brought this poor unfortunate woman before You a victim of the hate that evil had for You.  Thank You for the knowledge that Mary, the Woman clothed with the Sun, has crushed the head of satan under her heel.  Evil plays a losing battle as it is in its death throes.  Mercy, compassion and awesome love and tenderness will always be found by the sorrowful and repentant heart. 

I know that You will not condemn us O Lord, but Your mighty hand will raise up our Sandy and she will glorify Your Most Holy Name in the assemby of Your people and so will we.  Amen and Amen!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment