Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Exodus 34:6, Luke 6:36, Matthew 5:48, Matthew 5-7, James 2:13

Exodus 34:6
6 Then Yahweh passed in front of him and cried out, “Yahweh, Yahweh is a God full of pity and mercy, slow to anger and abounding in truth and loving-kindness.


Luke 6:36
 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. 37 Don’t be a judge of others and you will not be judged; do not condemn and you will not be condemned; forgive and you will be forgiven; 38 give and it will be given to you, and you will receive in your sack good measure, pressed down, full and running over. For the measure you give will be the measure you receive back.”


Matthew 5:48
48 For your part you shall be righteous and perfect in the way your heavenly Father is righteous and perfect.


 Matthew 5:7
7 Fortunate are the merciful, for they shall find mercy.


James 2:16
13 There will be justice without mercy for those who have not shown mercy, whereas mercy has nothing to fear of judgment.

My Beloved, I have been very free and easy in judging all and sundry and although I may not have gone so far as condemning anyone, I am certain that I have skated pretty close to it.  Thank You for telling me in no uncertain terms that if I want mercy shown to me, I who am a sinner, had better show mercy to my brothers and sisters who are just as frail as I am.  True my Beloved, that there are some things that I would not do and there are some really bad habits that You have cured me of over a period of time.  More and more, I understand that when we judge others we are in grave danger of the powerful light of truth being focused no us and we will see that we are guilty of the same sins.  You are a just and righteous judge and if I want You to show loving kindness  and gentleness to me, and  have patience and compassion for me, then I better be all these things to my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment