Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Samuel 17:45-46, Psalm 89:27 & 29, Romans 4:16

Samuel 17:45-46
45 David answered the Philistine, “You have come against me with sword, spear and javelin, but I come against you with Yahweh, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have defied. 46 Yahweh will deliver you this day into my hands and I will strike you down and cut off your head. I will give the corpses of the Philistine army today to the birds of the sky and the wild beasts of the earth, and all the earth shall know that there is a God of Israel.

The battle belongs to the Lord. Beloved, thank You for reminding me that the enemy has no power over me because You my God are with me,  thefore I shall be victorious.

Psalm 89: 27 & 29
27 He will call on me, ‘You are my Father, my God, my Rock, my Savior.’  29 I will keep my covenant firm forever, and my love for him will endure.

Thank You my Beloved that we can believe in Your Word and trust You to keep Your covenant with us.

Romans 4:16
16 For that reason, faith is the way and all is given by grace; and the promises of Abraham are fulfilled for all his descendants, not only for his children according to the Law, but also for all the others who have believed.

Faith is the Way and all is given by grace.  We believe even more strongly when in human terms there is no reason to believe.  Faith is above and beyond human reason. Faith is and always will be God's gift.  He is the initiator, it is His gift given to whomsoever He wishes to give it.  Faith cannot be earned but is poured out on us in baptism and we receive a fresh outpouring at every sacrament we receive worthily.

Beloved, today the Church celebrates the feast of St. Joseph.  He is a real man and he is a great saint for our times.  He is a role model for all husbands, sons and brothers (and for women as well).  he was gentle, strong, dependable, silent, God-fearing, upright, just, trust worthy.  Ready and willing to listen and obey God.  He was not impulsive but thought things through and once God made clear to Him what he wanted he obeyed without question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment