Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Psalm 34:2-8, 2 Corinthians 5:17-18, 20-21, Luke 15:17-24

2 I will bless the Lord all my days;  his praise will be ever on my lips.  3 My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the lowly hear and rejoice. 4 Oh, let us magnify the Lord, together let us glorify his name! 5 I sought the Lord, and he answered me; from all my fears he delivered me. 6 They who look to him are radiant with joy, their faces never clouded with shame. 7 When the poor cry out, the Lord hears and saves them from distress. 8 The Lord’s angel encamps and patrols to keep safe those who fear him.
I pray the Psalm of today with the Pslamist and make his song my own my Beloved.

Psalm 34:2-8

2 Corinthians 5:17-18, 20-21
17 For that same reason, the one who is in Christ is a new creature. For him the old things have passed away; a new world has come. 18 All this is the work of God who in Christ reconciled us to himself, and who entrusted to us the ministry of reconciliation. 20 So we present ourselves as ambassadors in the name of Christ, as if God himself makes an appeal to you through us. Let God reconcile you; this we ask you in the name of Christ. 21He had no sin, but God made him bear our sin, so that in him we might share the holiness of God.

All these verses point out to a new beginning in You my Lord.  We are Your ambassadors and we will speak to all about Your goodness, mercy and love.

Luke 15:17-24
17 Finally coming to his senses, he said: ‘How many of my father’s hired workers have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will get up and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against God and before you. 19 I no longer deserve to be called your son. Treat me then as one of your hired servants.’ With that thought in mind he set off for his father’s house.  20 He was still a long way off when his father caught sight of him. His father was so deeply moved with compassion that he ran out to meet him, threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. 21The son said: ‘Father, I have sinned against Heaven and before you. I no longer deserve to be called your son…’  22 But the father turned to his servants: ‘Quick! Bring out the finest robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Take the fattened calf and kill it. We shall celebrate and have a feast, 24 for this son of mine was dead and has come back to life. He was lost and is found.’ And the celebration began.

Beloved, the prodigal set out for home aware of his sinfulness and his unworthiness.  He was ready to humble himself and occupy the lowest place in his father's house.  He did not know his father's nature at all.  vs. 20 says it all - what a moving description of the father.  Not only was he waiting for his sons return but he kept vigil for him so that while he was still a long way off the father saw him, he ran to him, threw his arms around him and kissed him.  This magnanimously generous and loving father then restores him to sonship.  No longer was he an outcast but a beloved member of the family.

JUDGES 6:34
THE SPIRIT OF JESUS (YAHWEH) CLOTHES SANDY (GIDEON) WITH STRENGTH. 

Praise the Lord.  I believe the healing work of God in Christ Jesus through the power of His Most Holy Spirit has begun in Sandy.  We shall all watch God at work and we together we will sing His praises.

IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS - THE NAME THAT IS ABOVE ALL NAMES GOD'S HEALING HAS BEGUN IN SANDY. SHE WILL BE HEALED IN DUE TIME ACCORDING TO HIS INFINITE WISDOM, MERCY, GRACE AND POWER. MAY GOD BE PRAISED NOW AND FOREVER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment