Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jeremiah 17:14, Psalm 36:8-10

Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, Yahweh, and I shall be whole; save me and I shall be safe, O You my hope!

Psalm 36:7-9
How precious O God is Your constant love.  Mortals take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.  In Your house they find rich food and they drink from Your spring of delight.  For with You is the fountain of Life.  In Your light we see light.

Beloved, You take our Sandy from crisis to crisis and through it all You speak words of comfort and hope.  It is hard Lord for I see only darkness and Your hand is invisible.  Fear sends out its tentacles of evil but I refuse to give in for I believe in You, I hope in You, I trust in You and through it all I believe that good will triumph for I believe in Your perfect love.

My Beloved, I always wondered what the dark night of the soul was like.  Praying has always been a delight for You let me experience Your Presence.  But now as I pray  I struggle to understand what it all means.  I watch Sandy suffer and get weaker and weaker and more helpless and frail and all Your Words of courage, comfort and hope are unfathomable to me as I watch her.  Slowly I begin to understand what it means - I must continue loving, hoping, believing trusting and having faith in You through the pitch darkness and gloom that is ever present.  It is knowing that You are there even though it seems You are an eternity away.

No comments:

Post a Comment