Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Daniel 6:23, 26-28, Psalm 81:6-8, Mark 12:32-34

22 YEARS SINCE OUR BABY KEISHA WENT HOME TO BE WITH THE LORD - 12 MARCH 1988 TO 12 MARCH 2010

Daniel 6:23, 26-28
No wound was found on him for he had trusted in his God.  Beloved, You are the living God maker of heaven and earth of all things visible and invisible.  You rescue, You create, You perform signs and wonders.  You came to Daniel's rescue.  You saved him from tooth and claw and You continue to save Your people. 

I place my hope and my trust in You almighty, eternal and ever living God.

Thank You for the words of consolation in the following Psalm.

Psalm 81:6-8
“Open wide your mouth and I will fill it, 7 I relieved your shoulder from burden; I freed your hands. 8 You called in distress, and I saved you; unseen, I answered you in thunder.


Mark 12:32-34
32 The teacher of the Law said to him, “Well spoken, Master; you are right when you say that he is one and there is no other. 33 To love him with all our heart, with all our understanding and with all our strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves is more important than any burnt offering or sacrifice.” 34 Jesus approved this answer and said, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” But after that, no one dared to ask him any more questions.

When we understand Your words as this teacher of the law did, it is very satisfying to You.  Grant that I too may fully understand and practice Your commandment of love.  If I love God with all the fervor of my being and  love my neighbor as myself,  crucifying the I on the cross - then You will say of me too that I am not far from the Kingdom of heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment