Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Revelations 14:1-5, Luke 21:1-4, Psalm 24:4

Revelations 14:1-5

Luke 21:1-4
1 Jesus looked up and saw rich people putting their gifts into the treasure box; 2 he also saw a poor widow dropping in two small coins. 3 And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow put in more than all of them. 4 For all gave an offering from their plenty, but she, out of her poverty, gave all she had to live on.”

M--- mine, these two things are necessary, one is contentment with what you have and the other is the ability to give. If you are not content you will constantly be wishing for soemthing else, something bigger, better, newer. Be content and you will not be restless or disturbed.

Giving releases you from the tyranny of being owned by things. If you have open hands and an open heart, grace flows freely into you and out from you touching everything with the fragrance of the divine.

The more you give, the more you can receive. The more you empty yourself, the more I I can fill you. Give freely, completely, wholeheartedly, joyfully of things yes but more importantly of yourself. If you judge yourself in comparison with others you may find either yourself or others wanting but if you judge yourself against the standard I set, then you will see how far short you fall from perfection and you will strive constantly with the help and grace I provide. Come to Me always. Seek Me constantly. Find in Me rest for your weary soul.

TRUE GIVING
When I’m called to be a giver,
Do I pause to count the cost?
Do I hesitate, procrastinate,
Until the moment’s lost?

When I’m called to be a giver,
Do I weigh the pros and cons,
Will I regret tomorrow,
Today’s benevolence?

When I’m called to be a giver,
Do I give of my excess?
Or like the poor widow,
Give all that I possess?

When I’m called to be a giver,
May I never count the cost
Of tender loving giving,
Just as the Master taught.

Myra D’souza/1.12.1998



Psalm 24:4
4 Those with clean hands and pure heart,
who desire not what is vain,
and never swear to a lie.


Help me my Beloved, not to desire that which will not help me in my journey to You and the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment