Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Psalm 27:1, 3-5, Psalm 105:4-5, 7, Hosea 10:12, Matthew 10:1-7


Psalm 27:1, 3-5
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation
– whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the rampart of my life;
I will not be afraid.
3 Though an army encamp against me,
my heart will not fail;
though war break out against me,
I will still be confident.
4 One thing I ask of the Lord, one thing I seek –
that I may dwell in his house all the days of my life,
to gaze at his jewel and to visit his sanctuary.

You, my Beloved, are all this and more to me. You are the Priceless Jewel that I gaze at and adore in Your Holy Sanctuary. You hide in humility and love behind the substance of bread in order that we can approach You without fear but in confidence.
Hosea 10:12
12 Plow new ground, sow for yourselves justice and reap the harvest of kindness. It is the time to go seeking Yahweh until he comes to rain salvation on you.

It is high time the world turns away from its madness and godlessness and returns back to You or we will all be annihilated. Our wickedness makes nature tremble in fear and anger at the terrible wrath that is to come upon us if we do not return to You.

Psalm 105:4-5, 7
4 Look to the Lord and be strong; seek his face always.
5 Remember his wonderful works, his miracles and his judgments,
7 He is the Lord our God; his judg ments reach the whole world.

Beloved, may my gaze be turned to You always and looking at You may I receive the strength I need to follow You and not to be tempted by the fleeting allure of the world. Let me remember the kindness You have shown me, the answered prayers, the many little miracles each day and may my heart bless and adore You the live-long day. 
Matthew 10:1-7
1 Then he called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority over the unclean spirits to drive them out and to heal every disease and sickness.
2 These are the names of the twelve apostles: first Simon, called Peter, and his brother Andrew; 3 James, the son of Zebe dee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew, Thomas and Matthew, the tax collector; James, the son of Alphaeus, and Thad daeus; 4 Simon, the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, the man who would betray him. 5 Jesus sent these twelve on mission with the instruction: “Do not visit pagan territory and do not enter a Samaritan town. 6 Go instead to the lost sheep of the people of Israel. 7Go and proclaim this message: The kingdom of heaven is near. 8 Heal the sick, bring the dead back to life, cleanse the lepers, and drive out demons. You received this as a gift, so give it as a gift. 9 Do not carry any gold, silver or copper in your purses. 10 Do not carry a traveler’s bag, or an extra shirt, or sandals, or walking-stick: workers deserve their living.


Dearest Jesus, when You call us to do Your work, You empower us just as You did the 12. You continue to give us authority over all things in Your Name. We see in today's Scripture how Judas has been branded as the man who would betray You. How many continue to betray You today.

The Church continues Your work of healing, preaching and teaching. The light of Your Church right now is made dim by the terrible sins of a few who have caused her shame by harming Your little ones. The Church is being pilloried right now because of the few who have betrayed You like Judas. Have mercy on us all my Lord, we cling to Your promise to remain with us until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment