Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

John 10:26-30, Hosea 8:7, Matthew 9-32-38

MY SHEEP  HEAR MY VOICE
John 10:26-30

26 The works I do in my Father’s name proclaim who I am, but you don’t believe because, as I said, you are not my sheep.
27 My sheep hear my voice and I know them; they follow me 28 and I give them eternal life. They shall never perish and no one will ever steal them from me. 29 What the Father has given me is above everything else and no one can snatch it from the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

How true Beloved, all Your works proclaim to the world who You are.  Only one with the power of God could heal, raise to life and forgive sins as You did 2000 years ago and continue to do to this day.  I am grateful that through no merit of mine, but by sheer grace, I am Your sheep.  I know Your voice and I will follow You from here to eternity when I shall be united with You forever.


Hosea 8:7

 As they sow the wind, they will reap the whirlwind. Like the erect ear of corn they will bear no grain and produce no flour, or if they do, foreigners will devour it.




Matthew 9:32-38

32 When they had just left, some peo­ple brought to Jesus a man who was dumb because he was possessed by a demon. 33 When the demon was driven out, the dumb man began to speak. The crowds were astonished and said, “Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.” (34 But the Pharisees said, “He drives away demons with the help of the prince of demons.”)
 35 Jesus went around all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom, and he cured every sickness and disease. 36 When he saw the crowds he was moved with pity, for they were ha­rassed and helpless like sheep without a she­pherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is abundant but the workers are only few. 38 Ask the master of the harvest to send workers to gather his harvest.”
Beloved what amazing miracles You performed before many witnesses.  The blind had their sight restored to them, the lame walked, lepers were cured, the dead You brought back to life.  You cured every form of illness and disease of t hose who were brought to You, and yet t here were some Pharisees who said You did what You did with the help of demons.
If our minds are closed to the truth we will continue to walk in darkness.  If we acknowledge You to be who You say You are, then we have no option but to believe and say, "My Lord and my God."  And then we must live our lives obedient to Your will.

You went around preaching and curing every sickness and disease because Your heart was moved to pity.  Your heart continues to watch over us Lord.  The world is even more treacherous today and it is hard for many because they do not want to believe that You are the only answer to all the world's pain and illness.  We pray that You send laborers into Your vineyard to carry out Your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment